« Home | Automated Tests are Great » | Changing Mindset » | Business Knowledge and Software Projects » | Reading Styles » | Java and Access Specifiers » | Why refactoring helps? » | No New Year Resolutions for Me » | Learning Tips » | IIM CAT 2004 - The wounded lion roars back » | Personality Types »

Using Agile Practices

The past 3 yrs or so I have learnt a lot of lessons, most of which are "how to write better software". ...

The challenge in front of me is to, at every given opportunity (with a change of perception I realize these are infinite) use agile practices.

Why do I want to use agile practices?
  • Most importantly using agile practices makes my life less stressful and work infinte fun :-)

On the whole I have decided to do this:
  • Use automated testing to whatever extent possible
  • Use fully automated builds
  • Tests should be of different types: unit, functional, peformance to say the least
  • Refactor (but only after giving it a thought)
Let me see how much I succeed.